You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Five greatest come-from-behind victories

Nothing quite beats a thrilling come-from-behind win.

Luckily, the nib Newcastle Knights have forged a reputation of being able to snatch a last-minute win, even when a game seems lost.

Here's the five greatest last-gasp victories over the Knights history.

View the 2020 draw here!

Minor Qualifying Final – 1997 – Knights 28-20 Eels

’97 was almost over before it started.

Just 20 minutes into the Knights first semi-final, they trailed 18-0 to Parramatta. To make matters worse, Matthew Gidley suffered a season-ending injury and Robbie O’Davis also went off hurt.

A double to Adam MacDougall and a try to Adam Muir got Newcastle back in the game, before Andrew Johns scored a brilliant solo effort to put the side ahead.

The victory paved the way for the club’s charge into its first grand final.

BTP Ep 8: Home with Pearce. Shadow Best. Staff Mic’d up

Round One – 2007 – Knights 25-24 Bulldogs

Two of 2007’s biggest moments came in this round one classic.

The game got off to a horrible start, with Andrew Johns knocked out cold by a sickening Sonny Bill Williams tackle after three minutes.

Trailing 24-8 at half time, the Knights stormed home with James McManus and Terrence Seu Seu scoring on their NRL debuts.

A Kurt Gidley field goal late in the game sealed the win.

Round 25 – 2007 – Knights 26-24 Tigers

The wooden spoon was on the line.

Trailing 24-12 with seven minutes remaining, Kurt Gidley and Cooper Vuna scored stunning tries before a Gidley penalty on fulltime broke a 7-game losing streak.

The win saw the side move above Penrith to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon, ending the Tigers season in the process.

Round 20 – 2012 – Knights 24-19 Warriors

The day they broke the hoodoo.

Without a win in seven years, the Knights awful record across the ditch looked set to continue, with the Warriors 18-0 in front after just 15 minutes.

Tries to Akuila Uate, Timana Tahu and Kevin Naiqama got the Knights back in the game, however a James Maloney field goal looked set to keep the Knights at bay.

The game then swung the Knights way, with Dane Gagai picking up a wayward pass to score the match winner midway through the second half.

Round 22 – 2014 – Knights 32-30 Storm

Every Knights fan remembers this one.

A good portion of the crowd at Hunter Stadium were headed for the exit gates when Melbourne took a 30-20 lead with just three minutes left on the clock.

A Travis Wadell try in the 79th minute gave the Knights a sniff, with Uate crossing after the siren to level the scores at 30-a-piece.

Kurt Gidley stepped up to take the sideline conversion, nailing it to send both the home crowd and his teammates into delirium.