The NSW Rugby League has today announced the NSW Under-16 squad to take on Queensland at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, 15 July.
NSW will be aiming for a third consecutive interstate victory in the match which will be played as a curtain-raiser for the Brisbane Broncos and Warriors Round 18 NRL match.
The team will assemble on Friday, 13 July under the guidance of coach Scott Jones, assisted by NSW True Blue Phil Bailey.
They will conduct two training sessions at NSWRL Centre of Excellence Field on Friday (13 July) and Saturday (14 July) before flying to Brisbane on Saturday afternoon.
Five Parramatta Eels and four Manly Warringah Sea Eagles players have been selected, after both clubs featured in the UNE Harold Matthews Cup Grand Final in May.
The full NSW Under-16 Squad is as follows:
- Noah Griffiths (Western Rams)
- Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders)
- Clay Webb (Canberra Raiders)
- Jack Williams (Canberra Raiders)
- Danny Ghantous (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Unitoni Mataele (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Samuel Pinomi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Tyreece Matangi (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Thomas Cant (Newcastle Knights)
- Matthew Komolafe (Parramatta Eels)
- Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels)
- William Penisini (Parramatta Eels)
- Peter Taateo (Parramatta Eels)
- Caleb Tohi (Parramatta Eels)
- Donavan Boney (Penrith Panthers)
- Zion Tauasa (Penrith Panthers)
- Joshua Bevan (Northern Rivers)
Coach: Scott Jones