Newcastle Knight Sam Mataora has been named in the Cook Islands representative side to play Tonga on Saturday night at Campbelltown Stadium in a chance for the Cook Islands to qualify for the Rugby League World Cup in 2017.
Mataora, who has been named at the position of prop, played nine NRL games in 2015 as well as an integral part in the NSW Cup Knights' premiership winning season.
Cook Islands Team:
1. Jordan Rapana (Raiders)
2. Drury Low (Narellan Jets)
3. Anthony Gelling (Wigan)
4. Chance Peni (Wests Tigers)
5. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Storm)
6. Jono Ford (Wyong Roos)
7. Wallace Tangiiti (Rabbitohs)
8. Uiti Baker (Sea Eagles)
9. Aaron Teroi (Storm)
10. Sam Mataora (Knights)
11. Esan Marsters (Wests Tigers)
12. Makahesi Makatoa (Bulldogs)
13. Francis Molo (Broncos).
14. Carne Doyle-Manga (Wyong Roos)
15. Vincent Rennie (Bulldogs)
16. Vinny Ngaro (Sea Eagles)
17. Fred Pakutoa (Wentworthville Magpies)
18. Rueben Rennie (Bulldogs)