COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(the "Collection Channels"):
- when you complete a membership, volunteer form or contract;
- our online properties (each a "Website"), including www.newcastleknights.com.au, www.knightshub.com.au, and www.shop.newcastleknights.com.au, and any related website social media page, internal website, intranet and mobile or tablet application operated by the Newcastle Knights;
- the Rugby League Exchange;
- other means through which you provide personal information to us, including either physically or electronically;
- any other means through which we lawfully collect personal information about you, including from our group companies, particularly Western Suburbs (Ncle) Leagues Club Limited ("Wests").
We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION AS PART OF THE RUGBY LEAGUE EXCHANGE
- "NRL" means the Australian Rugby League Commission Limited, National Rugby League Limited and each of their associates, related entities and subsidiaries
- "Competition" means any competition, tournament or league registered or carried out by the NRL or States including the pre-season, season proper, finals series and any post season tournament or knockout cup competition and any other football competition or tournament.
- "Competition Administrator" means the entity responsible for the conduct and staging of a Competition and includes (without limitation) the NRL and States (including the divisions and associations that make up the States).
- "Clubs" means any club registered with the NRL or States from time to time.
- "States" means any of Queensland Rugby League, New South Wales Rugby League, Country Rugby League of New South Wales, NRL Victoria, NRL South Australia, NRL Northern Territory, NRL Western Australia and NRL Tasmania.
- "NRL Rules" means NRL's constitution, rules, regulations, policies and procedures and any other ancillary document that governs the NRL in administering the game of Rugby League, as promulgated and amended from time to time
- "Rugby League Partners" means any entity that has a commercial agreement or arrangement with the NRL, States, Competition Administrator or Club (as the case may be), including Ticketek and Ticketmaster, and which you may also have a direct relationship with (including by participation in a Competition).
Generally speaking, where you provide information to the Newcastle Knights in relation to your engagement with the Newcastle Knights, including, for example, where you buy a ticket or membership to a club match, buy merchandise or by entering a club promotion, then your information may be shared as part of the Rugby League Exchange.
ANONYMITY AND PSUEDONYMITY
Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Personal information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to:
- your name, gender, date of birth, occupation, residential address and postcode, email address, telephone number and other contact details
- More detailed contact preferences;
- Location information;
- information about your engagement with the Newcastle Knights, including but not limited to attendance rates and purchases;
- information about your relationship or dealings with the NRL, Clubs or States;
- information about your dealings with selected ticketing companies such as memberships, subscriptions and attendance history at matches relating to the NRL (whether you have used your membership to purchase tickets or as a casual ticket purchaser);
- Payment details including your credit card or bank account details;• If required, credit information from you, credit reports and credit information from credit reporting bodies;
- If required, health information and information about your fitness levels and history;
- Information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- Information about your experience with our services or third party products or services, including services listed on a Website;
- Any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- When you use a Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- Device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- Other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
HOW THE NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS COLLECTS AND HOLDS PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACTIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- Join as a Newcastle Knights member
- Join as a Wests Club member;
- Purchase a match ticket for the Newcastle Knights
- Purchase merchandise or event packages from the Newcastle Knights club shop, Knights website or any other Website.
- Sign up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel;
- Use our services;
- Participate in surveys and other types of research (including 'Customer Comment Cards');
- Participate in any offers or marketing activities;
- Enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by the Newcastle Knights and other partners;
- Provide a service;
- Contact us for further information;
- Submit a credit account application form;
- Attend an event where we are an exhibitor or sponsor;
- Register your details on a Website;
- Subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information or express interest about our products or services;
- Contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- Complete and submit any forms to us;
- Submit a job application or resumé;
- Become an employee of the Newcastle Knights;
- Report an incident or occurrence;
- Interact with a Website for a specific purpose;
- Interact with or browse a Website generally; or
- Do any of the above in relation to our group companies, including Wests.
Personal information is requested in order to join The Newcastle Knights and/or facilitate or provide you with certain services (including events), products and content, and information about such services (including events), products and content (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, marketing materials (including direct marketing materials), newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other products, services, offers, competitions or promotions which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in The Newcastle Knights being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming opportunities and promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries or other content from you (where applicable).
We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources and platforms including the NRL and the Rugby League Exchange, as well as social media channels, commercial data providers, referral agents, marketing companies, targeting companies, list brokers, credit reporting bodies and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so, including our service providers and retail partners.
Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by The Newcastle Knights to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information. When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mails from The Newcastle Knights, we may use web beacons (described below), customised links or similar technologies to determine whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a Website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com.au
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel;
- To allow you to join as a member of The Newcastle Knights and to use our facilities safely;
- To process match tickets
- To purchase merchandise
- for the organisation, conduct and promotion of competitions and matches (including for the purpose of providing information and making ticket offers to you);
- to assist the Newcastle Knights and the NRL comply with the NRL Rules, including the administration and development of Rugby League (if you are a participant in the game of Rugby League including as players and officials);
- to comply with the NRL Rules, including the administration and development of Rugby League;
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website;
- To complete a transaction;
- To consider whether to, and, extend credit to you;
- In order to facilitate or provide you with certain products or services, and information about such products or services;
- To provide you with newsletters; electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) and news and media releases;
- To assist with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
- To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels, including through third parties. You are able to "opt-out" from this activity at any time;
- For planning, product development or research purposes;
- To contact you in relation to employment opportunities;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- To enter you into and administer competitions and promotions;
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites;
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products;
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia
- Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel, including through our trusted partners;
- To provide you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party;
- To render services related to our company (such as after sales services and enquiries) or our trusted partners;
- To respond to enquiries;
- To improve Website and system administration;
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development;
- To record statistical data for analysis, including marketing analysis, and to conduct market research;
- To share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below; and/or
- To fulfil our obligations under either our Constitution or the Registered Clubs Act 1976 (as amended).
We may disclose your information to overseas recipients, those residing outside of Australia.. Failure to provide personal information may result in us being unable to provide you with certain content, products, services, upcoming opportunity, promotion, offer or event (where applicable).
In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, or for the purposes described above, personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties in Australia. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
The Newcastle Knights Group companies, (and their directors, servants and agents), our promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-The Newcastle Knights companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- Submit an "Opt-Out" card, which is available from the Knights Club Reception;
- Select 'Unsubscribe' on electronic communications; or
- Email: email@example.com
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial "Administrative Emails". Administrative Emails relate to a user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
ABILITY OF OTHERS TO VIEW INFORMATION
We may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. We are not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS
CHANGING AND DELETING THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
The Newcastle Knights' goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact Club Reception, Human Resources or our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correction of personal information. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Newcastle Knights is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. We may hold personal information electronically and in hard copy at our premises. We do not store any payment information. The information is also stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers.
Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, the Newcastle Knights, with the assistance of the NRL, will investigate and notify you and where applicable the relevant supervisory authority (e.g. the Australian Information Commissioner) within 72 hours of becoming aware of the loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure, in accordance with applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Inclusion of such links cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by us or any of our affiliates We are not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
SALE OF THE COMPANY
PROBLEMS OR QUERIES
Address: The Privacy Officer
Knights Rugby League Pty Ltd 32 Industrial Drive, Mayfield, NSW 2304
Telephone: 02 4935 1420
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. On receipt of your complaint a review will be conducted and findings will be communicated to you were required. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page