You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Knights suffer home defeat to the Broncos

The nib Newcastle Knights have gone down 36-12 to the Brisbane Broncos at McDonald Jones Stadium on Thursday night.

After a tight game during the majority, the Broncos scored four late tries to runaway with the two points.

The result is the Knights eighth loss of the campaign ahead of an away trip to face the Warriors.

The match kicked-off in front 13,312 supporters at the home of the red and blue to begin Round 11.

The Knights posted first points with Tyson Frizell on hand to ground the ball off an Adam Clune kick.

Frizell pounces on the loose ball

Kalyn Ponga added the extras to give the home team an early 6-0 lead.

On his Club debut, Anthony Milford was looking sharp creating danger and forcing set repeats on the Broncos.

The Knights held the majority of the field position in the opening 20 minutes while the Broncos defence was holding firm.

The away side would hit back 15 minutes before the break with Billy Walters crossing over to level the scores.

Dane Gagai looked to have scored the Knights second after getting on the end of a weighted Milford kick, but couldn't regain the ball on the grounding.

The scores would remain at 6-6 at the half-time siren.

Brisbane would claim first points after the break with Jordan Riki crashing over short of the line.

Kotoni Staggs kicked a penalty goal on the 55th minute mark to take the Broncos lead out to eight points.

Needing a try to stay in the contest, Captain Ponga delivered the crucial four-pointer.

Ponga breaks the game wide open

On the end of a beautiful inside ball from Mat Croker, KP put on the afterburners to speed around the fullback and score under the posts.

The Knights were down by two heading into the final 15 minutes.

With the game in the balance, it was the Broncos who would finish the strongest scoring four unanswered tries.

Flying winger, Selwyn Cobbo, claimed a double while Corey Oates chased down a kick to score another for the away team.

Herbie Farnworth scored an intercept try on the buzzer to end the game.

The Knights will look to bounce back when they travel to face the Warriors in the next round.