The National Rugby League (NRL) has confirmed the Telstra Premiership will remain in Queensland for the remainder of the regular season with heartland regions including Rockhampton, Toowoomba and Mackay to host games in the final three rounds.
Rockhampton will host a game in both Round 23 and 24, Mackay will host a game in both Round 24 and 25 while Toowoomba will host a game in Round 23. Further highlights include 2 “mini magic” double headers at Suncorp Stadium in Round 23 and 24, Moreton Daily Stadium in Round 24 and at Cbus Stadium in Round 25.
NRL Chief Executive Andrew Abdo said the game would reward fans in regional Queensland for their ongoing support of rugby league.
“The pandemic is creating many challenges, but it is also creating opportunities. We’re really excited to be taking games to Rockhampton, Mackay and Toowoomba in the final three weeks of the regular season,’’ he said.
“Rugby League heartlands are right throughout regional Queensland. We have some of our most passionate supporters in these regions and we wanted to ensure we rewarded those fans with as many opportunities as possible to watch their heroes live.”
Mr Abdo thanked the Queensland Government and local councils throughout Queensland for their support in ensuring the continuity of the season.
“The rising infection rate in NSW has made it impossible to return to NSW. I want to thank the Queensland Government and their relevant agencies, particularly Queensland Health, for their ongoing support to ensure the season can continue safely in all communities. I also want to thank the various councils and local rugby league clubs for accommodating our competition at such short notice.
“What I’m most proud of during the pandemic is how the whole game has come together to ensure the continuity of the competition. I want to thank the clubs, the players and our broadcast partners who have ensured we can play multiple games at regional venues in the final three rounds. It’s ensured a great outcome for our fans.”
- Titans v Storm, 7.50pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Raiders v Sea Eagles, 6pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Panthers v Rabbitohs, 8.05 at Suncorp Stadium
- Wests Tigers v Sharks, 3pm at Browne Park, Rockhampton
- Bulldogs v Knights, 5.30pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Eels v Cowboys, 7.35pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Dragons v Roosters, 2pm at Clive Berghofer Stadium, Toowoomba
- Broncos v Warriors, 4.05pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Knights v Titans, 7.50pm at Sunshine Coast Stadium
- Warriors v Raiders, 6pm at BB Print Stadium, Mackay
- Roosters v Rabbitohs, 7.55pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Dragons v Cowboys, 3pm at Browne Park, Rockhampton
- Sharks v Broncos, 5.30pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Storm v Eels, 7.35pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Sea Eagles v Bulldogs, 1.50pm at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe
- Panthers v Wests Tigers, 4.05pm at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe
- Raiders v Roosters at BB Print Stadium, Mackay
- Sharks v Storm, 6pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Eels v Panthers, 8.05pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Broncos v Knights, 3pm at Suncorp Stadium
- Cowboys v Sea Eagles, 5.30pm at Queensland Country Bank Stadium
- Rabbitohs v Dragons, 7.35pm at Sunshine Coast Stadium
- Titans v Warriors, 2pm at Cbus Super Stadium
- Wests Tigers v Bulldogs, 4.05pm at Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe