nib Newcastle Knights coach Adam O'Brien has named Enari Tuala and Gehamat Shibasaki as the centre pairing for Saturday's game against North Queensland at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, with Bradman Best unavailable for the Townsville journey.
The 18-year-old is required to isolate from the team bubble for seven days as a precautionary measure after breaching NRL Apollo protocols by visiting his parents’ home over the weekend.
The NRL announced several changes to the protocols on Saturday which caused some confusion.
The changes stated players can be approved to visit family members who do not live in their household however Best did not have his visit signed off by NRL Apollo.
To his credit, Best reported his mistake to the Club’s COVID coordinator who shared the information with the NRL.
Round 7 is Voice For Mining Round, which means the Knights will be wearing the replica Hi-Vis mining kit for the encounter.
1. Kalyn Ponga brought to you by - East Coast Building and Pest
2. Edrick Lee brought to you by - Reflections Holiday Parks
3. Enari Tuala brought to you by - O'Bryan Electrical & Solar
4. Gehamat Shibasaki brought to you by - McDonald Jones Homes
5. Hymel Hunt brought to you by - Kelly Suzuki Cardiff
Gehm: Accountability and competition for spots
6. Kurt Mann brought to you by - Greg Tapp Printing
7. Mitchell Pearce brought to you by - Wellman Strata
8. David Klemmer brought to you by - M&J Chickens
9. Andrew McCullough brought to you by - Knights Digital
10. Daniel Saifiti brought to you by - Port Hunter Conveyors
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon brought to you by - Wests
12. Sione Mata'utia brought to you by - MusclePharm
13. Tim Glasby brought to you by - Allara Learning
14. Tex Hoy brought to you by - NBN News
15. Jacob Saifiti brought to you by - Mine Super
16. Herman Ese'ese brought to you by - Triple M 102.9
17. Aidan Guerra brought to you by - Brydens Lawyers
18. Brodie Jones
19. Tau Moga
20. Phoenix Crossland
21. Pasami Saulo
Date: Saturday, June 27
Location: Queensland Country Bank Stadium
NRL kick-off: 3pm