Young nib Newcastle Knights forward Sam Stone has been named in the Junior Kangaroos side to take on the Junior Kiwis at GIO Stadium this Friday.
Stone has been named in the second row, in a team that includes a host of NRL and NYC players, bringing together an experienced side across the field.
Coach Justin Holbrook said his team would be looking to continue their form against the Kiwis after securing a 34-20 victory in the match between the two sides last year.
“There’s a lot of depth in this team and some talented players, but we will come up against a quality opposition next Friday night and we need to prepare well this week,” Holbrook said.
“It’s an honour at any level to display the Australian green and gold and I know that the team that we’ve assembled will wear the jersey with pride and will be doing everything they can to ensure a win against the Junior Kiwis.”
The Junior Kangaroos vs. Junior Kiwis will kick off the first of three matches between Australia and New Zealand on Friday in Canberra, with the Harvey Norman Jillaroos and Australian Kangaroos following in the ANZAC Double Header Test Match.
2017 Junior Kangaroos
1. Corey Allan – Brisbane Broncos
2. Tyronne Roberts-Davis – Gold Coast Titans
3. Enari Tuala – North Queensland Cowboys
4. Jesse Ramien – Cronulla Sharks
5. Curtis Scott – Melbourne Storm
6. Jai Field – St George Illawarra Dragons
7. Brodie Croft (captain) – Melbourne Storm
8. Stefano Hala – Penrith Panthers
9. Reece Robson – St George Illawarra Dragons
10. Blake Lawrie – St George Illawarra Dragons
11. Jaydn Su’A – Brisbane Broncos
12. Sam Stone – Newcastle Knights
13. Cameron Murray – South Sydney Rabbitohs
14. Victor Radley – Sydney Roosters
15. Jack Murchie – Canberra Raiders
16. Ray Stone – Parramatta Eels
17. Emre Guler – Canberra Raiders
18. Gehamat Shibasaki – Brisbane Broncos