The Newcastle Knights in partnership with local sporting clubs encourage positive sideline behaviour this winter season through the Shoosh for Kids campaign.
In 2015 the Newcastle Junior Rugby League Association launched the Shoosh for Kids weekend, which originated from the New Zealand ‘Lets kids be kids campaign’ which received great support.
The concept of the #ShooshForKids round, which will be held on Saturday June 18, is to promote positive spectator behavior and is based on the principle that if people have nothing positive to say then “Shoosh”.
Things to remember:
· If your comment is negative, then SHOOSH!
· If your comment is directed at a player, then SHOOSH!
· If your comment is directed at a referee or match official, then SHOOSH!
· Reward good play by both teams with applause, if you can’t then SHOOSH!
· Show respect to players and game officials. Remember it’s their game!
· Join the conversation at #shooshforkidsweek