Newcastle Knights forward Beau Scott is primed for his return to the field against the Manly Sea Eagles after being sidelined by an ankle ligament injury.
The 30-year-old second rower has been sidelined since the Round 5 match against the St George Illawarra Dragons.
“I’m pretty well ready to go,” he said on Monday.
“It will be good to get back on the field and do my part."
While he saw improvements in his ankle in the week leading into the Round 8 match against the North Queensland Cowboys at Hunter Stadium, he said the decision to give the injury extra time to heal has served him well.
“You always try to get back on the field as quickly as you can I guess. It’s a time management thing and a risk as well of how quickly you come back from it,” he said.
“I guess being early in the season, I probably could have afforded another week off."
Now back to full strength, Scott is eager to come out strong against the Sea Eagles on Sunday.
After the Australian test player announced he’s set to depart the Club at the end of 2015, he assured he’s focused on performing at his peak until then season’s end.
“It’s done and dusted now and I move on and concentrate on Newcastle for the rest of the year and worry about the future when it comes,” he said.
“Manly at Brookvale are always tough. They pipped us by a point last year with a field goal, so it will be good to go down there and get back on track.
“It is still early days in the season.
“We need to start winning games again and get that confidence back in the team.”
While he admitted disappointment his injury took him out of contention for likely representative selection, he took positives from the additional break.
“You always want to represent Country or Australia at any chance you get given, but injury is a part of the game,” he said.
“Sitting at home and watching it gives you another perspective on it.
“I enjoyed sitting at home with the family for a couple of extra days as well.”