You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
The NYC Newcastle Knights went down to the Parramatta Eels at Hunter Stadium on Sunday.

The NYC Knights lost 46-4 to the Parramatta Eels at Hunter Stadium on Sunday afternoon, putting in a horror first half that saw them concede 28 points in the span of twenty minutes.

While they did play with more structure and purpose in the second-half, the young Knights were unable to claw their way back from such a gaping half-time deficit.

Despite the final scoreline the Knights were the first team to post points on the board, lock and captain Luke Yates breaking through the line in the eighth minute to feed Bradie Smith on the left touchline. Bryce Donovan was unable to convert from out wide, leaving the score at 4-0.

The Eels were quick to strike back, Atini Gafa receiving a cut-out pass to score in the left corner three minutes later. Nathan Davis' kick sailed wide, keeping the score locked at 4-4.

The Eels continued their dominance with another try eleven minutes later, forward Jordan Muna throwing an unorthodox ball over the back of his head in a tackle for Davis to collect and score. Davis added the extras to his own try, the score 10-4 with 24 minutes played.

The Eels were at it again four minutes later, Tyrell Fuimaono slipping his way past the Knights' defence forty metres out to give fullback Bevan French an easy try. Davis again converted, the score now 16-4.

Second-rower Muna put the Eels even further ahead in the 29th minute when he ran onto a quality ball from halfback Zach Dockar-Clay to score near the uprights. Davis nailed the easy conversion, giving the Eels a 22-4 lead. 

The Knights' defence was in total disarray now and winger Abbas Miski took advantage, collecting a chip to run twenty metres and score. Davis made it four from five conversions, extending the lead to 28-4.

In what had been a torrid first half the young Knights found themselves going into the sheds at half-time on the wrong end of a big scoreline. 

They started the second half with plenty of energy, Brock Lamb in particular doing well to steer the team across the park. 

It all came to nothing in the end though, the Eels' Miski breaking the second-half stalemate when he scored an easy try in the 56th minute with some help from fullback French on the right side. Davis did well to convert, pushing the score to 34-4.

The young Knights continued to push for an opening in the oppositions' defence, but while they didn't manage to get over the line they did keep the Eels' attack away from their own until the 74th minute.

French scored his second on the end of a 30 metre play, brushing off attention from opposite number Donovan to score next to the uprights. Davis again converted, giving the Eels a 40-4 lead.

The blue and golds weren't done though, Dockar-Clay making a line-break on the halfway line to dive over. Davis kicked well to make it seven from eight conversions, giving the Eels a convincing 46-4 win.


Knights 4 (T: Smith, G: Donovan 0/1)
Eels 46 (T: Gafa, Amone, French 2, Muna, Miski 2, Dockar-Clay; G: Davis 7/8)


Donovan, Uta, Birch, Smith, Tofilau, Lamb, Cogger, King, Kelly, D Saifiti, Stone, J Saifiti, Yates (c). Bench: Faitotoa, Amey, Fepuleai, Levi.