You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content


Newcastle are still alive in the SG Ball competition following a well fought 46–28 victory over the Canberra Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.

Canberra scored two tries in the opening five minutes to unsettle the Knights however when Faitotoa Faitotoa charged over to score, the momentum swung in the red and blue's favour.

Winger Jack Mackin set up Braden Robson who got the ball down the right edge. Brock Lamb converted from the sideline to level the scores.

From the kick off restart, Faitotoa made a break up the middle of the field and found flyer Ngangarra Barker who scored under the posts to give the Knights the lead for the first time in the match.

The Raiders hit back with two tries in quick succession however the Knights scored just on half time when Tyrone Amey charged over giving Newcastle a two-point lead at the break.

Newcastle then conceded a try early in the second half to give the lead back to Canberra however responded with Barker touching in the corner to level the scores with 15 minutes remaining.

The young Knights regained the lead and took control of the game with back to back tries to winger Jack Mackin in the corner. Braden Robson intercepted a Raiders pass to score shortly after to secure a fantastic win.

Newcastle play Penrith this Saturday at St Mary's Stadium at 3pm.

Tries: Jack Mackin (2) Braden Robson (2) Ngangarra Barker (2) Tyrone Amey, Faitotoa
Goals: Brock Lamb 7/8



Newcastle’s Harold Matthews side has won their opening finals match with a comprehensive 38–24 victory over the Canberra Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.

The under 16s team finished the regular season as minor premiers and will now enjoy a weekend off before their grand final qualifier to be played on May 3rd.

Newcastle got off to a strong start when hooker Tom Starling scored under the posts to give the red and blue a 6-nil lead.

The Knights then extended the score line with two tries in four minutes when five-eighth Nash Birch put Jayden Hocking into a hole and fullback Matt Cooper scored from close range.

Canberra hit back just before half time but the Knights went into the break with a 10-point advantage.

Canberra opened the second half with momentum but that was shortly over when solid defence from Tom Starling provided the base for an excellent team try finished off by Matt Cooper.

The young Knights were over minutes later thanks to a perfect pass from halfback Brendan O’Hagan, setting up Nicolas O’Meley to cross the white stripe.

O’Hagan then laid on the identical play four minutes later with back-rower Joel Taylor running a great line to score a four pointer.

The momentum shortly continued thanks to an O’Hagan 40/20 resulting in Tom Starling crossing for his second of the day.

Canberra scored three late consolation tries in six minutes before full time, however the Knights had the game in their hands for the entire game and comfortably advance to the grand final qualifier.

Tries: Matt Cooper (2) Tom Starling (2) Jayden Hocking,  Joel Taylor, Nicolas O’Meley
Goals: Brendan O’Hagan 5/7