Due to the thousands of requests the Knights receive each year, under no circumstances will the club accept any item of merchandise to be signed.
The Newcastle Knights conduct a number of events for its Members each year which provide an opportunity to meet the team and get an autograph from your favourite players. Become a Knights member today and receive all the great benefits of being part of the club!
The Knights are committed to supporting the community, with players made available for appearances during the season.
The large demand for Knights players to make appearances at charity events, company functions, schools, junior sporting clubs and sponsorship commitments combined with a the training requirements of a professional sporting team means there is a limit to player time.
To request a player appearance, a formal request must be submitted in writing on letterhead and accompanied by a Knights Player Promotion Request Form (which can be downloaded from this page).
All applications must meet the following criteria before being considered:
- Applications need to be in writing at least six (6) weeks prior to the requested date
- Applications must be on the letterhead of the organisation and contain certification as to the authenticity of the appearance activity
- Schools must provide documentation as to their support for or involvement in Rugby League
- Individuals/groups must provide documentation as to their support for or involvement in Rugby League
- The Knights receive many applications from those who have fallen on hard times, while the Knights will try to assist, the relationship of the individuals with Rugby League and the Knights will be a consideration when assessing the application
- Every application must be accompanied by a Knights Player Appearance Request Form which can be downloaded from this page
In addition, the following information MUST also be included in the application if the appearance is for an event is being sought:
- What the organisation does for the Community
- Date, time and location
- The preferred player that you would like the club to consider for your appearance
- Outline a clear role for the player at your event (No functions with a risk of injury will be considered)
- How the event is being promoted
- A contact person and contact number
All requests will be responded to (whether successful or not) in writing within 6 weeks of receiving request.
Due to the level of demand for players and their strict training schedule, the Knights cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide a player for your appearance. Please refer to our Community Appearances webpage to see the great work we continue to do in our region.
Players are not available for appearances:
- On Match day or the day before game day
- During the finals series
- During BYE weekends
A very minimal amount of player community appearance time is allocated to weekends, we understand many of our players have families and with a busy training schedule through the week it is important for our players to have personal time.
We recommend that your event does not focus solely on the anticipation of a player appearance; instead the player appearance should be used as an added ‘bonus’ to your event or program.
If your application is successful, the club will make the final decision on which player will attend the appearance. The Knights can not accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness/change of training schedules.
All decision are final and at the sole discretion of the Newcastle Knights Community Committee.
We thank you for your interest in having a Knights player appear at your event and we appreciate your continued support of the team.
Download the Player Promotion Request Form Here
Download the Coach Promotion Request Form Here
Requests can be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to:
Community & Charity Support Department
Community Relations Department
PO Box 152
WICKHAM NSW 2293