Rochow re-signs until 2016
Wednesday 22 May 2013 8:00 AM
The Newcastle Knights are pleased to announce Robbie Rochow has re-signed with the Club, extending his contract until 2016.
Rochow is a local junior who joined the Melbourne Storm in 2009 but returned home in 2012 to play in coach Wayne Bennett’s team.
Injury interrupted his first season with the Knights but after a good start in 2013, the Club offered the 22-year old a long-term contract.
“Robbie is a local junior with the potential to be a future leader in our Club,” CEO Matt Gidley said.
“Robbie is a fantastic role model in our community and this new contract is a reward for his professionalism, attitude and consistent form.”
Rochow is excited to stay long-term with the Club he grew up supporting.
“I knew I wanted to stay at the Knights, it is a great playing group and coaching staff and I love the town, so there was nothing to consider when I got the offer,” Rochow said.
“I grew up supporting the Knights and to play with what I consider my good mates is what you work hard for and what you turn up to training everyday for and that is why I wanted to stay here.
“Last year I was lucky to get a one-year deal and then I got injuries. I was on the edge of not being an NRL footballer, so to finish last year like I did and to start this year like I have is a bit surreal but there is no better feeling than playing right now.”
Stay tuned for more news next hour!