NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS PTY.LTD
PART TIME INDIGENOUS PLAYERS LIAISON OFFICER
In association with the NRL, the Newcastle Knights have created a new position designed to assist all Indigenous Players within the club (aged 15 to NRL) to fulfill their football potential; develop and maintain effective cultural ties; engage with local communities; and develop their off field career opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to follow the NRL Indigenous Education & Welfare Guidelines, work effectively with Knights Coaching staff at all levels, communicate regularly with players and assist with other Club Indigenous programs and activities.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience with an elite rugby league program
• Sound understanding of the social, cultural and education needs of elite Indigenous athletes
• Strong local Indigenous community and corporate links
• Mentoring and personal development skills
• Capacity to discuss with players confidential welfare or personal issues such as alcohol, gambling, drugs and family
• Sound IT skills and experience using electronic mail and MS Office.
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Ability and willingness to work in a small team environment
• Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised by section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977.
Based on average work hours of 20 hours per month
Full Position Statement is available on request
Applications close: Wednesday 4th December and may be addressed to:
Newcastle Knights Pty Ltd
PO Box 152
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection Prohibited Employment Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for these positions.