The Hunter Ports Newcastle Knights commitment to the region is reflected through our strong charity ties with our Charity Partners, support of many worthwhile causes, our relationships with local junior sporting clubs and our extensive community engagement programs.
As a not-for-profit organisation, the Knights strives to influence it's community for the better - however not every donation or request can be approved.
Last year the Knights assisted in raising an estimated $175,000 for local charities and individual requests through its merchandise and ticket donations program.
Preference will always be given to local community causes and Football associated events and only charitable causes or not for profit organisations are eligible.
All applications for Donations need to meet the following criteria before being considered:
- Applications need to be in writing and received at least six (6) weeks prior to the requested date
- Applications must use the appropriate Donation Request Form and be submitted according to the instructions provided with this form, and include any required attachments or supporting documentation.
- Schools must provide documentation as to their support or involvement in Rugby League
- Individuals must provide documentation as to their support or involvement in Rugby League
- The Knights receive many applications from those who have fallen on hard times, whilst the Knights will try to assist, the relationship of the individuals with Rugby League and the Knights will be a consideration when assessing the application
- Every Application must be accompanied by a Knights Donation Request Form which can be downloaded from this page
In addition, the following information MUST also be included in the application if fundraising via an event is being sought:
- What the organisation does for the Community
- Date, time and location
- What the raised funds will be used for
- How the event is being promoted
- A contact person and contact number
- Where an approved item may be sent
All requests will receive a response in writing prior to the event indicating whether they have been successful or not. Follow up phone calls, letters or emails will not be accepted.
Only one donation request per organisation per year will be considered so donations are shared among various charities and Knights must be advised of the event’s success and funds raised.
Donated merchandise must only be used for the purpose on the application. Donation merchandise is not to be used for online auctions or personal gain.
The Hunter Sports Group who manage the Newcastle Knights is a not for profit organisation and focuses its community contribution through In-Kind Donations only.
Download the Donations Request Form Here
Requests can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Community Relations Department
Hunter Sports Group – Newcastle Knights
PO Box 152
WICKHAM NSW 2300